We have a long association with live music and other major events in Australia.
Partner Michael Frankel, has been personally involved with concerts and public events since his mid-teens when he was involved with the early tours of popular international rock music groups such as Deep Purple, Free, Manfred Mann, Pink Floyd, and others.
In recent years we have been involved with the followed major events:
- Provided legal advice to the Sydney Organising Committee for the Olympic Games (SOCOG) in relation to public cultural events and on Intellectual Property matters.
- Represented the Sydney Film Festival on particular aspects including censorship and defamation matters
- As a sponsor of, and acted for, the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras, Queer Screen Film Festival and we have run censorship cases in this respect.
- Sponsor and legal advisers to Queer Screen Limited host organisation of the Sydney Gay & Lesbian Mardi Gras Film Festival.
- In 1996 the firm represented the National Indigenous Arts Advocacy Association (NIAAA) for the “Survival” concert which occurs on Australia Day.
- The firm has negotiated with the broadcasters and drafted many of the of the now standard-form contracts which cover all aspects of this large public event.
- Fuzzy Music events including Parklife, Field Day, Listen Out and Harbourlife,
- Jazzgroove annual music festival, and regular events
- Sydney Improvised Music Association events
- Advising for Tropfest
- Advising for International Fashion Week